Thursday, August 26, 2010

Moving On Up

I guess the moving bug is going around, school is starting again and people are off about the country. I myself moved up to East Millcreek in Salt Lake City. The move wasn't too traumatic, though my spine may never be the same again. I only own one major piece of furniture, but that one piece happens to be a credenza that weighs enough to be made of gold. In fact, my friend Brady, who helped me move, decided that Chris Lambson and the Credenza of Gold would be a good movie. It took three of us to lug that thing around, and not one of us liked it. But the credenza is awesome. It's painted black and red and really comes in handy to store all the other stuff I have. Enough stuff to fill two Jeep Grand Cherokees with the rear seats folded down. I have a lot of stuff, especially for a single guy. And as a geologist, I am obligated to have a few boxes full of nothing but rocks. I felt like I should get my friends t-shirts that said, "I survived helping a geologist move," or something like that. It was quite a production and left me exhausted for days afterward.

My new home is the same as my old old old home. By that I mean that I am living where I lived when I was 4 years old, my Grandma's basement. It is taking a little bit of getting used to, I've had to move things around down here and what not, but it's not too bad. The biggest thing to overcome is the low low ceiling. If I'm not careful when I walk out of my room, the ceiling will catch me right in the eyebrow. Next time you see me, I may have either a black eye from walking into the ceiling, or a hunchback from crouching below it. Only time will tell.

So yeah, we'll see how things go from here. I am still busily looking for a job. I've decided to attend the singles ward here in the area, so Sunday will be my first chance to go. Hopefully it will be a fun ward and I'll be able to make friends and get out and do stuff. Not that hanging out in my Grandma's basement isn't fun... Anyways, I'll hopefully be able to get back into the rhythm of writing every week again. And I'll see what I can do as far as taking pictures of stuff. Maybe for next weeks post I'll have to go to the zoo!

1 comment:

Doyle, Chelsea, Little Miss & Baby on the Way said...

ya, go to the zoo and take pictures of the albino alligator!! Hope you are enjoying SLC, I think that would be a fun place to live!! Best of luck finding a job. I'm in the same boat and liked your blogpost.